We will continue to closely monitor the weather Sunday. Occasional hit-and-miss showers and storms are expected again today. Chances increase the later in the day, after 4:00 p.m. It will be difficult to predict the timing.
Scenic City Cup Sunday Inclement Weather Policy
For all games interrupted by weather and not able to be resumed/completed by the allotted time, the score at the time of the interruption will stand.
Playoff games where a winner must be determined will be the exemption. If at the time of the weather delay the game was tied and the game is unable to be completed within the allotted time frame, then the teams will return to the field and penalty kicks determine the winner.
If your team is involved in a playoff game that is tied, send a representative to the tournament headquarters and alert the site director.
The allotted time frames are from the scheduled time of kick off are as follows:
- 6v6 games—1 hour from the scheduled kick off example, game kicks at 9 AM, must finish by 10 AM
- 8v8 games—1 hour and 10 minutes from the scheduled kick off example, game kicks at 10 AM, must finish by 11:10 AM
- 11v11 games—1 hour and 20 minutes from the scheduled kick off example, game kicks at 8 AM must finish by 9:20 AM
Be aware of the inclement weather policy below should any adverse conditions occur during the tournament:
A. Inclement Weather
Only the referee or the tournament committee may cancel a match due to weather conditions. In the event of inclement weather the tournament committee has the authority to reschedule matches and/or cancel the tournament.
1. If inclement weather causes the referee to stop the match at any time and conditions do not permit the restart of the match within the scheduled time, the score will stand, as it was at the time the game was stopped.
2. If a match is delayed from starting due to weather conditions, it will be started as soon as weather permits within the scheduled time frame and will conclude at the scheduled time.
3. If no portion of the match is played, best efforts will be made to reschedule the match though no such guarantee is made.
B. Stop and Restart of play
Should there be lightning ot other inclement weather in the area that causes a stoppage in play, a long blast from an airhorn will signal that all play should stop immediately and players and spectators should proceed to their cars for safety.
Once it is safe to resume play, two short blasts will signal that games will restart within 10 minutes of the horn sounding.